Framemaker 10 crashes when changing conditional text display setting

Roman Banks banks_roman at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 01:09:12 PST 2011

Hi Rebecca,

A file may crash either because it has problems in its metadata (pieces of information about some variables, conditions, tags brought to the document by Copy/Paste) or it contains too many (unused) variables/conditions/paragraph/table and character tags. So, I would suggest to run a script (Framescript/Extendscript), which deletes the unused variables/conditions/tags (of course, back up the files first). This may help to get rid of the junk that sneaked into those documents.

HTH,
Roman