FW: Framemaker 10 crashes when changing conditional text display setting - solved, kind of

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:23:41 PST 2011

I echo the suggestion to forward the crash information to Adobe. This enables them to locate the bugs that cause such crashes and fix them.

Thanks.
Craig

Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:11:18 +1300
From: rebecca.officer at alliedtelesis.co.nz
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Framemaker 10 crashes when changing conditional text	display setting - solved, kind of

Hi everyone

We've found workarounds (yay). Basically, it looks like the files were too complex for FM's liking. Two things to avoid:

1. multi-page tables with conditioned rows
2. a large amount of conditional text on the first page of a file, immediately following an imported TOC inset.

That second thing could've been because hiding the conditional text removed page 2 of the doc, or it could've been just because the conditioned text immediately followed the TOC. We couldn't tell.

We've got plenty of files that have both these things and don't crash, so they're not a guarantee of disaster. But changing one or both of them stops our sick files crashing.

Cheers
Rebecca

NOTICE: This message contains privileged and
confidential
named
above. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby
notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance
on it.
notify Allied
Telesis Labs Ltd immediately.
Any views expressed in this message are
those of the
authority
to issue and specifically states them to
be the views of Allied Telesis
Labs.