screwy x-ref formatting

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue Oct 4 19:44:16 PDT 2011

I haven't seen a response to this, so I wanted to
comment that I have this happen in one particular
book as well. But unlike John's experience where
his entire xref turns blue, every time I
regenerate, I lose the blue character formatting
in some, but not all, of the xrefs. But when I
close down the book and reopen it, all the xrefs
are correctly formatted once again. A sample xref format would be
  <X-refBlue>Figure\ <$paranumonly> on\ page\ <$chapnum>–<$pagenum>

I can't narrow the problem down to any specific
xref format, and I confess that because reopening
the book solves the problem, I haven't really
pursued a fix. My system has 8 GB of RAM, so
resources shouldn't be a problem. Very
frustrating. It would be great if anyone can shed
some light on this. I'm using Frame9 on Win7, fully patched.

Carol