Frame 8 crashing on opening

Ed Marshall ed.marshall at verizon.net
Sun Oct 9 10:00:10 PDT 2011

All,

Any suggestions for this problem out of the blue?

Internal Error 8004, 7072680, 7074223, 6295985. FrameMaker has detected a
serious problem and must quit.

FM 8 didn't crash with an open file previously. It was working fine until
today. Now, it won't open either on several different FM files or just
standalone.

Hadn't changed anything Frame related recently. My os is Windows 7 64-bit
Ultimate Edition.

I uninstalled FM 8 and reinstalled.

Still getting this error. Frame 10 does open fine but my client only has 8
and they don't want to upgrade (not in the budget).

Haven't had any issues in months w/ FM.

Googled but haven't found anything that worked. Can't open Frame so several
tricks can't be tried (like the corrupt user.dict).

Suggestions?

Thx,

Ed

Ed Marshall

Marshall Documentation Consulting
www.MarshallDocumentationServices.com
Linked In profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ed-marshall/0/501/898

Contract technical writing, consulting, training, conversions, proofreading,
editing, and other services related to technical documentation.

Specializing in developer documentation (APIs, SDKs, Web services, etc.),
source code control / file management systems, and tools to "let the
computer do the work."

Ed Marshall

Marshall Documentation Consulting
www.MarshallDocumentationServices.com
Linked In profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ed-marshall/0/501/898

Contract technical writing, consulting, training, conversions, proofreading,
editing, and other services related to technical documentation.

Specializing in developer documentation (APIs, SDKs, Web services, etc.),
source code control / file management systems, and tools to "let the
computer do the work."

Certified MadCap Advanced Developer (MAD) for Flare V7