Once fast, now the Share Review preparation process takes a very long time

rinch at Inficon.com rinch at Inficon.com
Thu Oct 20 08:33:34 PDT 2011

The PDF shared review process has been working great until recently. Now,
it hangs up with the message "Status: Saving the shared review-enabled PDF
file ..." displayed. If I touch this message, I get another "Acrobat is
not responding" dialog. If I let the process continue for a very long
time, say 30 minutes, eventually the process completes: the e-mail is
posted in Lotus Notes and the Shared Review is posted in the Share Review
internal network public server --- all is fine.

 Why is this once fast process now taking so long?

 I'm Adobe TCS2 on a Dell Precision T3500 Workstation running Windows 7
Professional SP1 32-bit with 4 GB Memory, Xeon 2.53 GHz processor,
graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (2 GB) running two 20" widescreen
monitors.

 I author in FrameMaker 9.0p255 then create a PDF in Acrobat 9 Pro
Extended 9.4.6 and send the PDF out for shared review on internal network
public server sending the e-mail through IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.2
(20100811.1131).

Thanks!
Richard