"Unknown File Type" -- Corruption Problem?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:42:18 PDT 2011

To get it open, I'd try the undocumented "Heroic Open" command. I haven't
tried it in 9, so I'll assume it's there.

Open FM and create a new, empty file. Leave it open.
Type ESC, o, and Shift+h -- the Open File box should appear. If the file
opens, save it with a new name, and maybe save it as a MIF too.

****
If I were you, I'd MIF-wash all the files -- SaveAs MIF, open MIF, and
SaveAs .fm.

***
Also, I'd give serious consideration to transporting your files between
machines in a safer medium, such as Dropbox (www.getdropbox.com), which also
gives you great depth of backup files automatically.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.