"Unknown File Type" -- Corruption Problem?

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 03:03:46 PDT 2011

Too bad about the file, but at least you can recover...
Yeah, MIF-wash is always a good thing. If you have a large herd of files,
download the MIF2Go eval from Omsys.com. It installs a MIF-Wash utility on
your Files menu that lets you process books worth of files with one click.
Stays active even if you don't buy MIF2Go.

My take on it would be the thumb drive would be more stable than a hard
drive because it's solid-state; no moving parts (unless you have a
ruggedized hard drive). But Dropbox is the best, INHO, because it
automatically backs up your entire project each day, so you have a big pool
of old files to pick from in case something goes wrong. And it's free for
2+G.

Art

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.