Using Frame in the epub process

Theresa de Valence TdeV at bstw.com
Tue Oct 25 10:45:30 PDT 2011

I’ve a 75,000 word story (fiction) which I’m trying to turn into an
ebook. I use Calibre (www.calibre-ebook.com) for my ebook library
management which will also convert files to epub. The problem I’m having
is figuring out how to get the file in the right format before I give it
to Calibre’s input Plugin which then converts the file to XHTML. Calibre
takes that XHTML and returns an epub and then converts that epub to
multiple ebook formats.

Can Frame create the XHTML? Should I be using structured Framemaker? Do
other people on this forum publish ebooks?

Thanks for your advice.