Proper positioning of dita topics on output

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Thu Oct 27 09:16:27 PDT 2011

Hi Steve...

You can often get things to work well through careful use of keep w/
next/previous and widow/orphan control on the styles in the template. If
there is a topic title that you always want to be at the top of a page
you can use the @outputclass attribute and assign a value of "top" (or
other likely string), then modify the EDD to test for that value and set
the property accordingly.

However, if all that fails, you'll need to create a script to run on the
book after it's been created. With FM10, you can use ExtendScript (as
well as FrameScript and the FDK).

If you're using DITA-FMx, you can set it up to automatically run this
script each time you do a book build.

Cheers,

...scott