Cannot reapply master pages in FM 9!

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Oct 28 09:38:18 PDT 2011

On 26/10/2011 2:16 PM, Sudakshina Piercy wrote:
> Hi. I updated FM files in a book from FM 8 to 9. I edited the master
> pages of some of the files to change the numbering from numeric to
> alphabetical (for appendices). I cannot reapply the master pages
> properly—two text boxes in the master pages do not show up in the body
> pages. Headers and footers are okay. Nothing happens when I select
> Format à Page Layout à Apply Master Pages. No error message appears.
>
> I am running Version 9.0p255 with all available patches.

Hi Su,

There are two ways to apply master pages to body pages:  Apply Master
Pages, and Master Page Usage.  The former requires a table on the
reference pages to correlate master pages and pgf tags.  Are you using
the correct command, and if using Apply M.P., have you double-checked
the reference page entries?

Have you tried assigning the M.P. manually with the M.P. Usage command?

When you created the text boxes in the master pages, did you assign them
the function of Background Text, or (incorrectly) Template for Body Page
Text?  The latter will put an empty text frame on the body page
regardless of the presence of text in the template frame on the master page.

HTH!

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator