Setting a thin space in a variable

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Fri Sep 2 12:05:55 PDT 2011

You also may want to bookmark this page from the online help which list backslash shortcuts for a lot of special characters:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/WSd817046a44e105e21e63e3d11ab7f7862b-7fd5.html

Thin Space would be \st or \i

- Michael

Am 02.09.2011 um 20:55 schrieb MamaRed:

> Hi Lea
>
> You can use the hex code \x12 where ever you want the thin space to appear. I've got an old version of the Windows Character Sets if you want it...I believe it has remained consistent over the years although I wouldn't lay money on it!
>
> Many blessings
> Jerilynne
>
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Lea Rush <lea at astoria-pacific.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Frame 8.0p277
>
> Win Vista, although I don’t think it matters in this case
>

> I’d like to use a variable to list a phrase with uses a thin space between the terms. Is that possible? A quick check in Help yielded the method for typing the thin space but nothing else.

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentation Technology
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Consulting and Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog [de]: http://cap-studio.de/