Is FM 7.2 compatible with Windows 7?

Fri Sep 9 07:05:32 PDT 2011

Hossack, Julia wrote:

> I am using FM 9 with no problems, but there are others in this company
> who are using 7.2. They would like to find out whether there is a
> compatibility issue before they migrate to Win 7.

After I was forced to move to Win 7, FM 7.2 crashed every time I drag-selected text. Running it in compatibility mode for Win XP SP3 solved that problem, but made opening and saving files very slow. Updating a book took forever.

I've started experimenting with different compatibility modes. Right now, I'm using the Vista mode, which seems stable and a little faster than the XP SP3 mode.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.