Filter By Attribute and XML

Michael Pearson michael.t.pearson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:28:47 PDT 2011

Hi Rick,

This can be set in the structured application. Set your app up to include
the following elements:
XMLApplication/ConditionalText/OutputTextPI/OutputVisibleTextWithoutPIs.
With this setting in place, only the visible elements will appear in the
saved XML. Any "Filter by Attribute" hidden elements will be removed from
the XML. Another implication of this setting is that any hidden conditional
text will also be removed from the output (irrecoverably). The standard FM
DITA structured applications conditionalize the DITA <prolog> on file open,
so beware. Also, any conditions the author may have applied to any visible
text, will not be output as PIs to the XML instance. Setting demands careful
use, but it'll do what you're looking to do.

HTH,
Mike