master index of multiple book

Fred Wersan fwersan at mak.com
Thu Sep 22 10:14:52 PDT 2011

I will also echo that Bill Swallow's method is what I do. I use a
utility called Indexing Tools Pro to set up the master book, but you can
do it by hand.

Bear in mind that if you are creating a PDF from your master index, the
links won't go to the individual books unless you do some additional
work. (Unless there is some brilliant way to configure things to make
that work automatically that I am not aware of.) I use a combination of
some framescript scripts and the TimeSavers utility to create live links
from my master index to individual books.

Fred

--
Fred Wersan
VT MÄK, Principal Technical Writer
T: +1.617.876.8085 x124  Email: fwersan at mak.com

(re)Discover MÄK - Visit our new website!
www.mak.com