Conditional build question

Sharon Burton sharon at anthrobytes.com
Thu Sep 22 14:28:47 PDT 2011

I'm in Frame 9, fully patched.

I have a set of client files for 4 books. Some of the chapters are used in 3
or 4 of the books. There is extensive use of conditions in all books to get
the right output.

I want to use build expressions in each book to select the several include
and exclude conditions each book needs. So here's the question: If I set a
combination of conditions for all the files in Book1, is this build
expression applied at the book level or at the chapter level?

If I apply a slightly different set of conditions to all the files in Book2,
which has some of the files from Book1, what happens to the common files?
What build expression set of conditions is applied when I generate each
book?

sharon

Sharon Burton

Content Strategy Consultant