FrameMaker 9 keyboard weirdness

Gay Alson GALSON at epicor.com
Wed Sep 28 08:27:26 PDT 2011

Hi Framers,

What on earth have I done? Suddenly single or double quotes in
FrameMaker 9 (fully patched) display as question marks. (Only in Frame,
not Outlook, Notepad, or Word.)

I've been on Windows 7 for awhile now; only thing I've changed recently
is to edit maker.ini so Ctrl-V will paste text from Word instead of
having it come in as OLE. My co-workers who did the same thing haven't
had this substitution and none of my other keys have been remapped.

Come to think of it, I also install some new fonts a couple of weeks ago
but the timing doesn't indicate a link between that and this problem.

Closing and relaunching FM didn't work. I googled some info about
"keyboard shortcuts stop working" and none of the suggestions help (to
use the keyboard shortcut to switch languages Left Alt Shift or to
change language settings in Control Panel).

Does anyone have any experience with this oddity? Of course this had to
happen coming up to a deadline  :(

Thanks for any suggestions,
~~Gay

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Le present courriel est envoye a l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires. Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser immediatement l'expediteur et supprimer ce message. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire vise, nous vous informons que toute utilisation, divulgation ou distribution de cette communication est strictement interdite sans la permission prealable de l'auteur. Des precautions ont ete prises afin de reduire au maximum le risque de transmission de virus informatique, mais nous tenons a vous conseiller de proceder a vos propres verifications antivirus de toute piece jointe a ce message. Aucune responsabilite ne sera assumee a la suite de toute perte ou de tout dommage causes par des virus.