FM10 bug: missing fonts vs. TOC

Mon Apr 9 20:02:10 PDT 2012

Robert Lauriston wrote:

> Usually my selected printer is Adobe PDF since the main thing I do
> with FrameMaker is generate PDFs. I printed some redrafted pages
> today, so I selected a LaserJet. I forgot to change back to Adobe PDF,
> and the next time I updated the book, I got an error that FrameMaker
> was recreating the TOC. The new TOC's settings are wrong, so I need to
> retrieve the file from source control.

FM recreates the TOC every time you update the book. Can you provide more information about this particular update, like the text of the error message and just what settings were wrong?

(And let this be a lesson -- print to PDF and send _that_ to the LaserJet. :-) )

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom