Value of Separation out of range error message on opening a .mif

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Thu Apr 12 04:37:23 PDT 2012

Dear Framers:
I have searched the archives of this list as I know I have asked this
question before.
What does  "Value of Separation out of range" mean?
I have a book with about 15 chapters with many graphics (every one
referenced)
However, several but not all of the non generated chapters will not distill,
they crash at the same point.
I have gone into the saved mif file with the handy mif browser,  but cannot
see what I am doing wrong. The mif looks good, but when I open the mif in
FM, it imports OK, but the console is crowded with these "Value of
Separation out of range" messages.
I know I have done something dumb, but I cannot remember  what I should be
looking at: cross-refs, text,  end of page are all candidates.
What I need is a voodoo guide to these error messages.

I wish FM would have a preflight option. Does anyone remember PageMaker?

I am on a deadline (passed) so relief is eagerly sought.

FM 9.0p255 unstructured
PC 4 gigs ram 3TB

Rob Shell