"Value of Separation out of range" error message on opening a .mif file explanation

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Sat Apr 14 00:12:57 PDT 2012

Thanks framers:
I found that the unknown message "Value of Separation out of range" error
message is not an "error" at all but a FM message to make its color palettes
backwardly compatible. It can safely be ignored.
Why did I think it was an error? I had clicked on the "show file translation
errors" in the preferences and picked up the curious message in the console.
It would have helped if the FM engineers had provided a list of messages and
perhaps have added the word "color".

So I am still trying to find my problem,

Rob Shell
Windows Seven
FrameMaker 9 patched
4 GB RAM