Fw: archive for Frame10?

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 13 10:33:03 PDT 2012

Well, my company find took the pricey plunge and purchased the upgrade version
of FM10 for my coworker and I (we both use FM8, though I use it better than he
does, if you recall my previous posts).

Anyway, I'm still timid about doing the upgrade installation until I can come up
with a suitable replacement for the late Bruce Foster's archive.com plug-in.
(Bruce hadn't completed an FM10 version of archive before he died last June.)

I'm aware of the ExtendScript thing for archiving, but I also am aware that it
was still buggy, at least at that time it was being used by a few of you.

Also, I started to follow up on Klaus Müller's suggestion about a FrameScript
solution, but my Asian company balks at just about everything priced above free,
so I'm forced to find something priced way less than the FrameScript solution.
(But thank you anyway, Klaus! You're a good guy for getting back to me
off-list!)

Due to how books are "compliled" here (with graphic images imported from various
network drive folders -- through no fault of mine), we really NEED archive or a
suitable replacement for FM10, so we can keep FM10 books ready to open
elsewhere. (Even our network is a veritable house-of-cards.) And btw, simply
finding and putting all the miscellaneous graphics in one folder manually would
pull me off the other insane deadlines I'm trying to achieve.

So the bottom line/question is if the ExtendScript thingy has been stabilized or
if another archive-type thing is out there.

-- Kenpo in Atlanta