Articles on FrameMaker from ISTC 'Communicator'

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 08:47:17 PDT 2012

Dear Framers

As I have now retired from writing and editing articles on FrameMaker for the ISTC journal, I've posted those that I wrote to my LinkedIn page download section for anyone who is interested (accessible if you are a LinkedIn member). Some, but not al, are basic:

* Taking FrameMaker a Little Further: An article describing the use of FrameMaker for long documents with repetitious layouts.

* Mastering Master Pages I and II: Two articles describing both basic and novel uses for FrameMaker master pages.

* Composite Documents in FrameMaker: An article describing how FrameMaker allows you to build documents and books from multiple components.

* First Steps in Structure: A series of five articles, published between March 2007 and March 2008, describing the key aspects of structured FrameMaker for users with no experience of structured documents. (single download)

* Locking Down Document Design: An article that explains how to create templates in FrameMaker that contain all the formats required to implement your document design.

* Pushing FrameMaker: a Case Study: An article that describes the construction of a complex book design and writing environment in structured FrameMaker.

Anyone not on LinkedIn who wants a copy of any of these, mail me.

--
Steve Rickaby			   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/steverickaby>
WordMongers Ltd                    <http://www.wordmongers.com>