Mif2Go XHTML output question

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Wed Apr 18 11:57:39 PDT 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:28:26 +0000, John Sgammato <jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to generate XHTML output from a multi-chapter book as one big HTML file?
>I have an 8-chapter book but I want all the output text to be in one file, not eight.

People usually ask this about the Word RTF output,
not about HTML.  One file for the whole book?
I'd expect the browser to crash, after loading
for an hour... unless the book is very short.

Nonetheless, the method for RTF will work as
well for HTML; see User's Guide par. 5.3.2,
"Producing a single RTF file from a FrameMaker
book".

Basically, you create a new Frame file and import
all the chapters from the book into it by reference.
You won't have working cross-references, of course,
because they reference the individual chapters
and not the container.  And the numbering if any
is unlikely to work; all the same ChapNum and
SectNum, so every chapter is Chapter 1.  But
if those details don't matter, go for it.  ;-)