Save as HTML causes unstructured FM10 to hang

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Apr 20 12:08:43 PDT 2012

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:45:52 +0000, John Sgammato
<jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com> wrote:

>We are converting our legacy FM content into a new
>MindTouch knowledge base. We can populate the database
>with  thousands of pages of legacy content IF we can
>provide MindTouch with a monolithic HTML file or CHM
>for each book.

Quite frankly, this "requirement" does not give me a
good feeling about MindTouch...  They made something
that should be simple (one KB page per file) into a
horror.

>The CHM was problematic, so I tried the HTML.

Did they want all the content of the CHM in one
HTML file inside it too?  If not, what was the
problem with the CHM?  Mif2Go produces a single
CHM from a book just fine, no problem.

>Now I am back to CHM-ville unless someone here can
>point me in a promising direction for the HTML route.

I think you need Rick Quatro to write you a script,
or maybe a plugin, to make a single Frame file
from your book.  Then convert that one file with
Mif2Go, which has no problem with files thousands
of pages long, and you can give MindTouch what they
want.  I think that is your most cost-effective
solution if the CHM doesn't work for them.