Frame -> MindTouch: WAS RE: Save as HTML causes unstructured FM10 to hang

John Sgammato jsgammato at IMPRIVATA.com
Mon Apr 23 07:59:05 PDT 2012

I'd love to get a look at that mif2htm file!
I wonder how many other Framers work with MindTouch?
Frankly, my contact there does not seem to be at all familiar with Mif2Go, which seems a shame considering what they want to accomplish!

-----Original Message-----
From: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com [mailto:framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com] On Behalf Of Robert Lauriston
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 3:27 PM
To: framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Save as HTML causes unstructured FM10 to hang

I have a 200-page book with a simple template and consistent formatting I can save as a monolithic .html file with no problem.

I also have a 1000-page legacy book with a complicated template and inconsistent formatting, when I try to save that as .html FM10 churns away for a while, then appears to have completed the job, but the output directory is empty. If I were seriously troubleshooting this, I'd make a copy of that book, delete enough files to get the page count down to 200, and see if that accomplished anything.

FWIW I've got a MIF2Go setup that exports MindTouch XHTML, I can paste that into a MindTouch page with the editor in source mode and it's clean.