Disappearing Palettes

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:04:48 PDT 2012

Hello Framers,

I use Frame 9 (9.0p255) in Windows 7 via Parallels 6 on a Mac. I keep
many palettes on-screen in one or two floating blocks.

This morning I opened an existing Frame document and all palettes
were missing. Multiple attempts at opening a palette with a menu item
(such as Format>Character>Designer) or key combo (such as CTRL+D)
also failed.

After several tries and restarts (both Windows and Frame), clicking
through the menus did begin to reveal some of the palettes. I am not
sure if all are directly accessible from menus.

What might cause this to happen? Is the best way (only way?) to
restore disappearing palettes simply to call all of them from menus
again?

thanks,
Karen