Ventura encoded text files

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Mon Apr 23 14:29:42 PDT 2012

I have a number of text  files that came from Ventura Publisher that look
like this:

@REF = 	II.3:2
The means are  <F38978M>e.<F255D>  to understand after the
@BOOK = T-4
@REF = 	IV.2:6
is much  <F38978M>e.<F255D>  than trying to think against it.
@BOOK = T-6
@REF = 	V.B.9:3
step is  <F38978M>e.<F255D>  than the first because it follows.
@BOOK = T-19
@REF = 	III.6:6
<F38978M>e.<F255D>  to believe that you have been mistaken
@BOOK = T-23
@REF = 	II.21:5
another, nor that return from one is  <F38978M>e..<F255D>
@BOOK = T-24
@REF = 	VI.13:1
believe it  <F38978M>e.<F255D>  to see your brother's body
@BOOK = T-25
@REF = 	VI.2:3

(This is just a random example.)

I have Ventura Publisher 10 and it does not read them properly (although I
am far from a VP expert--I tried the open and import menus).
The client has Frame 6; I have Frame 8-10 on my system, but can install 7 on
an older system.
I know early versions of Frame has a Ventura import feature, but I don't
know if it will work with these files.

Is there any way to work with these files? Third-party program suggestions
are welcome too.

My only other thought is some GREP Find/Change work.

Thank you in advance,

David Creamer
IDEAS Training