Helping FM find graphics files

Tue Apr 24 14:15:02 PDT 2012

Menahem Rosen wrote:

> They got the whole file structure to begin with. What I need to get
> back are only the translated fm files.

Didn't the translation vendor localize the graphics?

It seems to me that for each translation language, you should be getting back a mirror image of your source-language folder structure.

I just re-read your original post. When you said regarding the FM files that "I plunk them into my FM folder," you didn't mean into the same folder holding your source-language FM files, did you?

There should be a separate set of files and folders for each language, all with the same directory structure. The translation vendor shouldn't change the directory structure for the localized files -- but if it does, it must update the graphic file references. In that case, nothing is broken as long as you get back the entire structure, including the referenced graphics directories, not just the FM files.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom