Batch Update of FM file templates

Nancy Allison maker at verizon.net
Fri Aug 3 06:36:00 PDT 2012

Hi, all.

I used to know how to update FM file templates in a batch, but I need a refresher. The process went like this:

1. Open your FM book.
2. Use a .dll function, not native to Frame, to save all the book files to .mif at once.
3. Open all the .mif files in a tool that provided a table at the bottom of the UI.
4. In that table, enter the element you wished to replace in the left column, say a paragraph tag named BL_Heading_1, with the element you wished to replace it with, say, Heading1. You could enter as many elements as you wanted, and you could save and reuse the resulting list.
5. Pass Go!
6. Hey Presto! Your changes are made.

Can anyone tell me what the .dll was, and what the editing tool was?

Thank you.

--Nancy