Lost of AutoNum Override (Unstruct to Struct)

David L Hottman dave at reqexperts.com
Tue Aug 7 08:13:51 PDT 2012

We are in the process of converting from unstructured to structured.

When a baseline document has an entire paragraph that is modified, we change
all of the text in the paragraph red by applying a character tag. If the
paragraph has an auto number this also changes the paragraph's auto number
character color.

When we do a conversion to structure, the text in the paragraph remains red
but the auto number goes back to the original color. We have tried with and
without "flag paragraph format overrides" and "flag character format
overrides" just to try something, but nothing changed. It is corrected after
conversion by selecting the entire paragraph, going to the character
designer (which shows the correct character tag), and hitting apply.

We have tried this on Windows (7/Vista) FrameMaker 9, 10 , and 11 with the
same results. I am trying to figure out of this is expected behavior or a
bug. Does anyone know if this is how it should work?

Along the same lines..a superscripted character in the middle of the
paragraph is no longer superscripted, is not red, and is not wrapped in a
character tag element. The text on either side of it (same paragraph) is
wrapped in the character tag element.

Dave H