FM11 XML view - replace with nothing

Roger Shuttleworth rshuttleworth at avbasesystems.com
Thu Aug 16 07:57:54 PDT 2012

Hello Framers

Using FM11 (structured) on Vista SP2.

I open an XML document and switch to XML view. I want to replace a string (either straight text or a regular expression) with nothing. Leaving the Change field blank in the Find/Change dialog, I find the desired string and hit Change & Find, or Change All. An error message appears saying that I have to add a string to the Change field.

To my mind this is a bug. I have reported it as such on the Adobe website, but would be grateful if someone could confirm for me. Thanks.

Roger

Roger Shuttleworth
Technical Documentation
AV-BASE Systems Inc.