Acrobat X Pro Crashing

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 09:04:40 PST 2012

Has anyone else had issues with Acrobat X Pro crashing? Mine seems to
crash under two conditions, if I'm working extensively with comments
or if I've been making a lot of searches. My warning sign is that
things start to disappear from the GUI, usually icons but sometimes
text. We're not talking about huge files here, either, maybe a few
hundred pages with maybe a few hundred comments.

Win 7, Service Pack 1, 64-bit
Adobe Acrobat X Pro, 10.0.0
Intel i5, 2.60 GHz
6G RAM

One of my coworkers says he's been having the same kind of issues, but
he's often working in PDFs of a couple thousand pages with a few
thousand comments.

Like all writers and office workers, we usually have multiple programs
open at the same time, and I'm wondering if this is the problem. Hints
or advice welcome!

Thanks.
--
Lin Sims