FrameMaker (dita) and SVN

Lief Erickson lief at networkinstruments.com
Thu Dec 6 20:35:41 PST 2012

I've also used TortoiseSVN for years without any issues. The local files wouldn't be out of sync with the repository unless unversioned files that had been created (but not added to SVN) were not committed (i.e., you have local files the repository doesn't know about) or you had failed to update from the repository (the repository has files [or versions of files] your local system doesn't). I've never had issues with local files not getting committed to the repository; and that includes working in the same building as the repository as well as connecting through a VPN from thousands of miles away.

To Steve's point about the icons being out of sync, I have seen this from time to time. Rather than doing a commit, one could do a SVN Cleanup where you refresh the shell overlay icons.

-Lief