Do FrameMaker files automatically get updated when you print as PDF?

Fei Min Lorente FeiMin.Lorente at onsemi.com
Fri Dec 7 10:21:17 PST 2012

Trying to get an autobuild system to work with FrameMaker 10 on Windows
7, with Acrobat X. Producing PDF and Eclipse User Assistance output
through Mif2Go.

The build scripts appear to work for all the book files, but we are
getting failures on a couple of files that are single .fm files, not
part of books. So we're thinking of making the processing conditional so
that we don't run an "update book" on single files. However, some of
those single files might contain internal cross-references. So my
question is this: when we print to PDF (using Mif2Go), will those
cross-references get updated automatically? Basically, do we have to
worry about updating references before generating the output files when
it's not a book file?

Fei Min

Fei Min Lorente
Senior Technical Communicator