Running FrameMaker on Mac workstations

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 07:33:50 PST 2012

At 10:03 -0500 10/12/12, Alan Houser wrote:

>An interesting tidbit...if you check the properties of Apple's PDF-format user manuals, you will still see FrameMaker 6 and 7 with surprising frequency.

I am still using it here, as it does all that I need. Trouble is, it's locking me into OS X 10.4, which is locking me *out* of a number of important upgrades elsewhere.

My current view of the future probably has this machine continuing to run FrameMaker 7, whatever happens on a possible newer machine. I have other legacy software that requires Classic and which will never be updated, including an ancient but adequate accounting system.

--
Steve [Trim e-mails: use less disk, use less power, use less planet]