Question about font format ... slightly off-topic, I suppose.

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Dec 10 16:50:18 PST 2012

Hi, all.

This question is a bit off-topic, but I would like to get your opinions too! I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with latest versions of FrameMaker 11 and Acrobat XI, of course.

For some of my recent font purchases, I received both OpenType and TrueType format files. I.e., the font came in both .TTF and .OTF file versions.

I output my FM documents in PDF using Adove Acrobat XI ... these are put onto our web site for people to download and eventually print on their local printers (if they want).

(Sometimes, I proof-print on our Xerox WorkCentre 7425 printer - this is a color laser device - but these are not distributed.)

Given my setup (Windows 7 Pro, FM 11, Acrobat XI, PDF output files, etc.), what font format would you install for use? I.e., would you install the OTF or TTF font or both (why)?

Any and all comments on this would be appreciated! In other words, does one of them give any better output/quality/smaller file_size, etc.?

Thanks much,