Looking for your favorite FM resources

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Dec 10 18:07:20 PST 2012

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:59:14 -0800, Matt Sullivan
<matt at mattrsullivan.com> wrote:

>Hi Jeremy,
>
>Thanks for the reply, sorry for the typo…that's
>what I get for going off of memory!

I know the problem well... ;-)

> I already updated the url based on the "sunset"
>message I got at the omsys.com address. The address
>listed now is http://mif2go.com. Is that what you'd like?

Yes, that's the right one for Mif2go now.

>I did already list you, flare, ePublisher and
>robohelp as tools for conversion to online.

OK, thanks!

>Sundorne and a few others don't seem to maintain a
>web presence anymore. Any thoughts on whether they're
>still around?

Sundorne does; went to the site just before I posted:
  http://www.sundorne.com/home.htm
Ian has always been very helpful, and SetPrint is a
must-have free utility.  We use IndexRef here too.

>I did see Lin's list on your site, and sent her an
>email earlier today asking if the list was posted
>other than on omsys and microtype sites. (If possible,
>I'd like to give her direct traffic for her fine list)

What's indirect about Omni and Microtype?  <g>
But I'm sure she'd appreciate more hosting; she
puts a lot of work into that, and asks nothing
for it.

>FOF was an excellent suggestion as well, expect
>to see a cross posting there soon (and you probably
>already saw the one in the FM user forum)

Another on LinkedIn is the Software User Assistance
Group; also a few DITA groups for those into it
(DITA Awareness Group, DITA for Small Teams Group,
probably more).  And for DITA, we have DITA2Go,
which is free and a lot more together than the OT:
  http://dita2go.com

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/