progressindication.swf in the FM10 installation directory

Roman Banks banks_roman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 05:21:38 PST 2012

Hi folks,

Does anybody know what this progressbar file is used for?
It sits under C:\Program Files\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\fminit\progressbar

Sometimes, when Framemaker performs a lengthy and time-consuming operation, I get the "Framemaker (Not Responding)" message, even if it does not get stuck completely. I think, using a progress bar instead of this stupid and misleading message would be more appropriate. When seeing this message, an inexperienced user may just try to exit Framemaker instead of waiting a bit longer.

Thanks,
Roman