How to force capital letters in a generated Index?

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 11:38:14 PST 2012

You're best to edit the markers and not rely on a quick fix via formatting.

I don't know if it's available for or compatible with FM 11 but IXGen is
ideal for your needs. http://www.fsatools.com/

If you can't use or purchase IXGen, you're best to use a generated index or
list of markers to produce a file with cross references to each marker,
then Ctrl+click to edit each one.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Studio Smalbro <studio at smalbro.dk> wrote:

> I am generating an Index in FrameMaker 11, but the index words have been
> inserted in the markers with a mix of capital letters and small letters.
> It's a big index and I would like to be able to force all words to have the
> first character as a capital letter. Can I somehow tweak the paragraph
> style into doing this or is there any other kind of FrameMaker magic which
> will do the trick?
>
> regards
> Bjørn Smalbro

Bill Swallow