How to force capital letters in a generated Index?

Frank Stearns franks at fsatools.com
Tue Dec 18 13:35:35 PST 2012

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012, Studio Smalbro wrote:

> I am generating an Index in FrameMaker 11, but the index words have been
> inserted in the markers with a mix of capital letters and small letters. It's
> a big index and I would like to be able to force all words to have the first
> character as a capital letter. Can I somehow tweak the paragraph style into
> doing this or is there any other kind of FrameMaker magic which will do the
> trick?

Within the tool suite called IXgen, we offer a capitalization tool.
Independently, for up to four levels, you can set index entry
capitalization to:

- all caps
- all lower case
- initial caps first word only
- initial caps all words
- initial caps on first word, then as is
- initial lower case on first word, then as is
- leave as is

IXgen does this, and many other nifty things. (See our website, noted
below, for more information.)

IXgen is available for FM versions 5.5 through 10, and we will very
soon have completed a few adjustments to make IXgen work with FM11.

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
*** IXGEN 7-10 for FRAMEMAKER 10 IS HERE! ***
franks at fsatools.com <mailto:franks at fsatools.com>
TOLL FREE Voice (USA and Canada):  800-567-6421
USA Voice: 360-892-3970  http://www.fsatools.com