Madcap Flare vs Framemaker

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:17:47 PST 2012

I've not had an issue with messy HTML nor with controlling output file
nesting. As for tools, I based my recommendation on familiarity and not on
size of the Help. Since it's all FM source it really doesn't matter if
tools change or not (you're only recrafting content mapping and template
design), unless impacted by familiarity, time to learn, and cost.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com>wrote:

> RoboHelp's exported HTML is messy and I don't like the way it insists
> on putting topics from each document in a FrameMaker book in a
> separate directory in the generated help.
>
> It works OK for generating help from FrameMaker, but given that Laura
> has only one small project in RH, I would suggest using MIF2Go or
> Webworks ePublisher, since they're more flexible.
>
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Bill Swallow <techcommdood at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm a big advocate for WWeP but since they indicated they already use RH,
> > the TCS option was a best fit.
> or visit
> http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/techcommdood%40gmail.com

Bill Swallow