Is FrameMaker 11 going down or is it a keeper?

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Wed Dec 19 14:01:11 PST 2012

>My guestimate is that the user base has shrunk to below a thousand.
Are you talking about companies or individual users? If the latter and
assuming an established user base, with an upgrade cost of $400 that would
be less than $400,000 gross income. With the engineering costs (even if
off-shored) and marketing cost, I think Adobe would drop Frame. They would
probably improve the long-doc features in InDesign for unstructured work,
then improve its XML capabilities or buy some other company for structured
work.

>Indesign can now do multiple indexes ...
Where are you getting that info?

David Creamer
IDEAS Training
http://www.ideastraining.com