Is FrameMaker 11 going down or is it a keeper?

David Creamer IDEASlists at IDEAStraining.com
Fri Dec 21 16:19:51 PST 2012

>..... but I would agree that Adobe's ownership has not been good for the
Frame community.

You may recall that Frame Technologies was almost bankrupt before Adobe
bought it. Granted another company could have purchased it, but I doubt it
would have fared as well in the hands of a smaller company with less
resources. It is entirely possible that without Adobe, there would be no
Frame community.

>It is far more buggy than before and the doc for it kind of sucks. At one
time, FrameMaker had great documentation and the product was rock-solid.

True enough.

David Creamer
IDEAS Training
http://www.ideastraining.com
Adobe Authorized Instructor & Certified Expert since 1995
Authorized QuarkXPress Instructor and Certified Expert since 1988