Typicla auto numbering problem, Frame10 Unstructured

anirae at comcast.net anirae at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 13:22:33 PST 2012

Framers,

Back on Frame after several years of being forced to use inferior products. The hang of it is returning, but I have a strange auto numbering issue. Hope you can help.

The figure numbering for the chapter breaks when I add auto numbered figures and tables.

Several files in the book. Each file is actually its own manual, and I want the book to see each as a volume (Vol 1, 2, 3, etc.). That's working OK. I want each file to start with chapter t after the preliminary pages (Title page and TOC). The Book is set up as follows:
1st file :
Volume: #1
Chapter: #1 (If I make this Read from File it doesn't change anything)

All other files:
Volume: Continue numbering from previous file in book.
Chapter: Read from File

Headings are H:Heading1, H:Heading2, etc.

If figure format is H:Figure<sectionnum>\t<n+>, I get:

2 Heading
2.1 Heading
Figure 1-5
Figure 1-6
1.6 Heading
Figure 1-7
really messed up

If figure format is F:Figure<n>\t<n+>, I get:
It does not recognize Heading 1 as <n> but Heading numbers are not influenced by inserting numbers, but the figures do not adopt the section number:

2.3 heading
Figure 1-3
Figure 1-4
2.3.1 Heading
Figure 1-6

If figure format is H:Figure<n>\t<n+><>.\t (as suggested by a post from some sight), I get:

1 Heading
Figure 0-1
Figure 0-2
2 Heading