Copying large data sets into tables

Andy Smith (WFL) andy.smith at wingedfeet.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 04:24:34 PST 2012

Hi all

Thanks for all the support on importing tables from Word. In the end I went
through the process convert to text, import and then convert back to table.
There were a few frustrations of FrameMaker assuming the first line was a
heading line and I still haven't figured out how to switch that off but is
was no real trouble.

I also had an issue of embedding a small table in a single table cell, as my
client had laid out the source data, but I decided the recommended solution
was more trouble that it was worth and far too ugly so I set my table up
with enough cells to included the sub table and straddled the ones I didn't
need.

Cheers

Andy