Variables and Character Formats

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Fri Feb 3 15:49:51 PST 2012

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
FM Experience: 2-½ years

I'm having a problem with applying a Character Tag to certain Variables. Some of my Heading styles appear in all Uppercase. However, internal standards require that certain product names always appear in a mix of Uppercase and Lowercase (eg, SonixTouch). To handle this, I create my product Variables as follows:

S<F-lowercase>onix</>T<F-lowercase>ouch</>

This is fine for product Variables that never require the application of a Char Tag. But some product Variables are sometimes required to be Bold, Italic, eg, SonixRemote: S<F-lowercase)>onix</>R<F-lowercase>emote</>

After applying the Char Tag for Bold, Italic, at some point (during Update Book?) part of the Char Tag is lost so instead of SonixRemote I get SonixRemote. I'm sure my mistake is something reasonably simple, but I have no idea how to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Alison

Alison Craig
Lead Technical Writer

604-279-8550 | fax 604-279-8559 | toll-free 1-866-437-9508
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation | www.ultrasonix.com<http://www.ultrasonix.com/>