Script to split FrameMaker file at heading level

Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 10:39:51 PST 2012

I created a dll plugin in Maker 7 that does this.  I could pretty easily build a Maker 9 version of it, anyway.  I doubt it would be incompatible with Maker anything-later.  All Ido is look at markers in the TOC and use that to build up smaller files.

I assume a few things:
* You have a book for your files
* You have a TOC with hypertext links
* All files in the book are open
* You invoke the command with the TOC active
* Your TOC has pgf formats with with the string "TOC" as a suffix

So then I loop through the TOC, and get pairs of the hypertext markers to identify the file and pgf range for each section.  For each range, I create a new doc file and copy/paste that range into it.  I forget how I name the files...  And it's then up to you to make sense out of the huge collection of files you end up with.

cud