automatically splitting a heading between two frames

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Wed Feb 15 12:23:17 PST 2012

Clever idea, but it I can't figure out how to make it work. The
ChapNum frame is 1.0" wide. If I try to set a tab stop at 1.0", saving
the paragraph tag fails with "The tab position is too far to the
right."

If I set the stop to .99", the first two characters of the heading are
in the ChapNum box, and the heading gets messed up in the
corresponding PDF bookmark as well.

I tried widening the ChapNum frame so that its right edge is aligned
with the ChapName frame's left edge, that gets rid of the error but if
I set the tab stop past the right edge of the ChapNum frame it seems
to be ignored.