hard coded path names for imported graphics and x-refs

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 18:59:19 PST 2012

Miranda,
Why it is happening is probably because some of the images weren't replaced with the new pointers.

The good thing is it's an easy fix (the following works with Frame 7.2, so I am guessing that it will work with Frame 10).

1. Make sure the network images folder contains ALL of the images.
2. Make sure the local path doesn't exist. If the folder is still there, change the folder name, or delete it. The safe way is to rename it. This way Frame can't automatically find the folder, and if an image is missing from the network folder you can manually copy it out to the network folder.
3. Open the book file, select all of the chapters, and press Enter to open all chapters.
4. At the first missing image file, redirect it to the network folder. That chapter, and all remaining chapters, that have incorrect image folder links should automatically readjust to the network images folder.