Getting graphics out of a file

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Feb 20 15:20:35 PST 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:42:29 -0800, Lynn Gold <lgold at us.ibm.com> wrote:

>I have a bunch of FrameMaker files with embedded graphics that have been
>converted from MS Word.  Because all those embedded screen shots make for
>one gangly file, I'd like to be able to extract these graphics and have
>them as referenced files.  Is there an easy way to do this (preferably all
>at once)?

Yes, Mif2Go will do that for you.  See the User's
Guide, par. 2.5.3, "Replacing embedded graphics with
referenced graphics".  All graphics are exported
losslessly in their original formats, whatever they
were.

Note that you do not need to purchase Mif2Go to do
this; the Demo version will do the job nicely.  You
can do a whole book in one operation.
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/download.htm

HTH!