Find/Change - Non-Breaking Space and Thin Space

Alison Craig Alison.Craig at ultrasonix.com
Tue Feb 21 14:33:31 PST 2012

FM 9 Version: 9.0p255
Unstructured
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
FM Experience: 2-½ years

I am working on the final cleanup of the French translation of our suite of User Manuals and I need to handle a Find/Change issue that includes non-breaking spaces and thin spaces.

I need to able to Find/Change:

": " (colon space) and replace it with "NBSP: " (where NBSP would be the actual visible non-breaking space character - see the example in the attached PNG)

"/" and replace it with "TS/TS" (where TS is a Thin Space (Frame's "esc space t"))

I have figured out how to insert an invisible NBSP (\u00A0), but I need the visible version that my LSP has inserted in the past. And yes, I know my LSP should do this for me, but they only do what they get paid for, and my employer prefers to save money.

As for the Thin Space, \u2009, is bigger than the Thin Space generated by Frame's "esc space t" - which is my preferred size.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alison

Alison Craig
Lead Technical Writer

604-279-8550 | fax 604-279-8559 | toll-free 1-866-437-9508
Ultrasonix Medical Corporation | www.ultrasonix.com<http://www.ultrasonix.com/>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CCF0A5.C8BE5A50]